Everyone has heard about Star Wars and knows about the films. I bet there isn’t a person who hasn’t seen at least some of a film! In fact, the first film was not even expected to be as big as it was, with all the large Toy Manufacturers turning down the rights to the toys. Kenner toy company was a smaller company that decided to take a punt, and what a punt it was – over 300 million units were sold! Nowadays, there are loads of toys and Star Wars Fancy Dress available.
Star Wars Day celebrates George Lucas’ Star Wars, it is observed by fans of the media franchise. The date is the 4th of May and was chosen for the pun on the catchphrase ‘May the Force be with you’.
Even if you don’t live in a galaxy far, far away, you can still celebrate this special day! There are ways to make sure that the force is strong with you this Star Wars Day. Maybe you make subtle references in your day at the office or maybe you throw a #StarWarsDay into your Instagram post.
If you’re struggling with ideas on how to celebrate, here are a few ways to get the Force flowing through you this #StarWarsDay:
- Show up to work as Darth Vader – if you’re not the boss, and don’t want to appear insubordinate, a stormtrooper!
- Add blue food colouring to your milk, it may not be from a Bantha but Jedi like you need their calcium.
- Make themed drinks – Hoth Toddy, the Qui-Gon Jinn and Tonic, the Dark and Stormy Topper!
- Add some Star Wars language into your vocabulary… “Utinni” and “Wee now kong bantha poodoo”
Is May the Fourth not enough for you? Well, the following day is known as Revenge of the Fifth.
If you’re planning on dressing up this Star Wars Day, then take a look at some of our Star Wars themed costumes:
- The Empire needs your help and your little hero or heroine will be ready once they put on Star Wars Robe, belt & tunic!
- Round up your best mates and have them join the ranks of Darth Vader’s fanatical Stormtrooper guard.
- “The Force is strong, young Jedi!” Slip into this Deluxe Jedi Robe Kids Costume with its heavy weave and copious sleeves.
- Dress in the Jedi’s tunic and you’ll soon find that the Force is strong in you!
- Ever wanted to join the dark side? Now’s your chance with this Star Wars Darth Vader Card Mask.